Saturday, February 1, 2014

Alaskan "Despair, Erosion, Loss" Review

Alaskan is a truly great band. The first band I talked about when I first created this blog. Well this month they are releasing their 4th full length "Despair, Erosion, Loss". Alaskan released the album early free through bandcamp because they are just one of those amazing bands always giving away their music. I immediately downloaded and listened to this album. Overall I will say this is a very good album, not my favorite Alaskan album but still... great album. That being said the vocals are different from previous work. You could slowly tell this might happen when the Co-Pilot split came out, but I had no idea. So I started the album and could tell something was off. I'm not sure why he changed his vocals, a lot of people are saying they may have went down the path of Baroness or Mastodon... they are wrong. Besides the vocals being different they still are very good. The songs on the album are great also and if you are a fan of Alaskan I say you will enjoy this album. Now it may not be "The Weak and the Wounded" it still is an amazing album with amazing writing. I decided to take a different route with this review and act as if I'm talking shit about the album, then tell everyone how much I enjoyed this great album and then let you decide because hey we are all different. Being a huge fan of this band I didn't let the vocal change effect me. Death did it and they are one of my favorite bands but at the same time Chuck did decide to end the band to change the sound of things. I guess I would rather that then something horrible happen to Alaskan like it becoming "girlfriend metal". I kid... Alaskan has the same sound as all the other amazing albums they have released. I say whatever you are doing, STOP! Sit back light em if you got em (no I don't mean cigarettes) and enjoy another masterpiece from a great band from Canada. This is Alaskan, and this is "Despair, Erosion, Loss".


No comments:

Post a Comment