Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Baroness "Yellow and Green"

I want to start off by saying this is one of my favorite bands. I love their first 2 eps their split album and their first two full lengths. Baroness is an amazing band. I would talk more about them but I saw a guy in seaside, FL wearing a Baroness shirt so everyone must already know them. Going into this i have heard 3 songs already, and a 30 second sample of each song thanks to Amazon.com . Going into this I am really excited about The Line Between and the themes because they are going to be instrumental i believe.

Serious me is about to get serious.

Yellow Side One

"Yellow Theme" was an intro to "Take My Bones Away" and that 1 minute and 44 seconds of music (besides the first 10 seconds at the beginning.) made "Take My Bones Away" a much better song. I Liked. And "March To The Sea" i already liked its just a good song. Now "Little Things" was shit. I turned it off after 3 minutes it being a 5 minute song. And that led to "Twinker" a good song don't get me wrong but the lyrical melody of the song was almost identical to "Steel That Sleeps The Eye" from Blue Album, the intro to "Swollen and Halo" Over all I would say it was a good song other than that, i guess. The beginning of "Cocainium" starts off nice then 2:36 it turns into '90s Nu-metal. It gets better but the fact that you did that, i did a shit on that song. Next. (BTW I played the whole song and went back again). "Back Where I Belong" is not a bad song but i doubt i will ever listen to it again. The Best part of the song is 4:50. Now on to "Sea Lungs". Good so far. Dude it's Space Rock, I like (Or underwater I should say). I really like the guitar in "Eula". "Eula" is the last track of Yellow, side one of Yellow and Green. It's catchy and mainstream sounding.

Green Side Two

(BTW the copy of the album I'm listening to does not have the 3rd track on Green)
"Green Theme" is 4:22 what, damn 2 seconds off. It was almost 4:24. Anyway... The theme's were great in my humble opinion. It sounds like Baroness had fun making this album. OK up next we have "Board Up The House", oh is it a zombie song, hell yeah. Let's listen... This song sucks, the vocals are weak in this song. The vocals are very soft and plain sounding, It sounds like everything else. "Foolsong" Soft, quiet, plain vocals ruin another song. That's all I'm going to say about this song. OK... "Collapse" boring. Now on to "Psalms Alive" sounds like another slow ballad from our friends Baroness. Sounds like Sugar Ray, no joke. "Stretchmarker" I have no hope anymore so here we go at least "The Line Between" is next. It was a soft instrumental, i was pleased with that song. It was very good. It moved my heart. Bravo. "The Line Between" I've been waiting for this, here we go. At 3:27 is when this song gets awesome. Best part of the album, and then goes back to generic rock at oddly 4:20 they must have stopped smoking weed or something. I'm sad about this. Baroness is a huge influence to me in my own music so much i love their music. I will not be buying this album, it has a couple good songs a lot of Radio Friendly Pop Rock Bubble Gum Pop. Now the last song of the Entire Yellow and Green album titled "If I Forget Thee, Lowcountry" nice title. It's great so far, slow and soft like the album but its good. I liked that song. Amazing ending.Over all not an impressive album. I'm sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment