Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mouth Of The Architect


MOTA aka Mouth of the Architect is one of my favorite sludge bands. I truly love this band.  Though I didn’t know of this band until I watched the final episode of season one’s “Todd and the Book of Pure Evil” where Todd holding Sand Dragon; is sitting on the entrance steps to the school and says, “Destiny Sucks” and then the show plays a Mouth of the Architect song, and the song was “The Violence Beneath”.  An amazing song from this band, the power of the song as soon as it starts gives me goose bumps still to this day. And from there I listened to The Violence Beneath E.P. which included the title track. It is truly a phenomenal album.  


Then from there I listened to the other four albums they had; three full lengths and a split album.  Their first album “Time & Withering” from 2004 starts off with “A Vivid Chaos”.  It starts off slow and builds up to an amazing album.


Then in 2006 they released a split album with Kenoma.  MOTA’s only song “Sleepwalk Powder” takes over the album.  A seventeen minute and fourteen second long first track of heavy steady melody and raw sludge power that you not only hear, you feel.  


From there they released my favorite album of MOTA.  It starts off with Baobab. A heavy 10 minute long powerful intro into the brilliant world of MOTA’s 2006 release “The Ties That Blind”.  Then the second track is the best thing this band has done for me, “No One Wishes To Settle Here”.  For the first 11 minutes and 15 seconds it is just a beautifully dark flow of music until the vocals come in for the last 3 minutes making the song a heavy and beautiful masterpiece. 


Their last album before the Violence Beneath was 2008’s “Quietly”. 


This album is great just like all Mouth of the Architect’s music. My favorite of the album is “A Beautiful Corpse”. I enjoy this song. Here is  MOTA preforming A Beautiful Corpse live. Enjoy…




No comments:

Post a Comment